Learn how to quickly publish your iWeb website using your DomainsFoundry account instead of Apple MobileMe. We’ll show you how to publish your iWeb site to a local folder and then upload your site using FTP.
Publishing your site
- In iWeb, click ‘Site’.
- Select ‘Local Folder’ from the drop down list.
- Click ‘Choose’.
- Select your Desktop and click ‘New Folder’.
- Enter ‘mysite’ for the folder name and click ‘Create’.
- Click ‘Choose’
- ‘Folder Location’ should now show ‘/Users/YourName/Desktop/mysite’.
- Click ‘Publish Site’.
- iWeb will copy your website to the new ‘mysite’ folder on your desktop.
Uploading your site
- You will now need to upload your website using FTP. To do this first download and install CyberDuck which is free, open-source FTP program for Mac. [[How do I upload my website using Cyberduck FTP for Mac OSX?]]
- Open CyberDuck.
- Click ‘Open Connection’.
- Fill in your FTP details for your web hosting.
- The server as ftp.yourdomainname.com.
- Your FTP username.
- Your FTP password.
Viewing your site
- Open Safari.
- Enter your domain name into the address bar and press Enter.
Congratulations, you’ve uploaded your iWeb site.