We only collect and use the minimum amount of personal data only as it is needed to deliver products, services, websites and domains (Our ‘Services’). We act as a data processor and data controller.
Last Update: 15 May 2018
1. Information We Collect
Most information is collected when you provide it during:
- Account Creation When you create an account or purchase any DomainsFoundry Services we ask for your name, address, company name and email address and telephone for yourself or on behalf of a third-party.
- Billing. When you add a payment card to your account your information (card number, name, billing address, email) is securely shared with our third-party payment processor, Stripe. We do not store your payment card details on our systems. We only store a representative token which can be used to associate your payment details with your account and used for payment of your Services.
- Communications. When you contact us directly to request information or support we may collect information about you including your name, company, email address, phone number, the contents of your message to us (including attachments) and any other information you choose to provide.
When we ask for you to provide information and personal data we make the reasons why we need to collect the information clear to you at the point we ask.
2. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
3. How Do We Use Information
We may use your personal information in a number of ways, for example to:
- Provide you the Services you have purchased and fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- Improve and personalise and our Services.
- Understand and analyse how you use our Services
- Develop new features, products, services and functionality.
- Communicate with you directly for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to your Services and for marketing and promotional purposes where you have contented.
- Process payments and for billing and accounting purposes
- To detect and prevent fraud; and
- For compliance, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions and our other legal rights, or as required by applicable laws and regulations or legal obligations.
4. How We Share Information
We will never sell, distribute or share your personal information to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We primarily share your information to deliver the Services you have ordered. For example, for domain names you purchase we share your information with the relevant domain registry to register your domain and fulfil your order. We share information with our select providers to process payments, to detect fraud, address security or technical issues and for our accountancy obligations. We ensure only the minimum data required to fulfil our obligations is shared and we have contracts in place with our providers to ensure your information is secure and will not be used for marketing. In cases where the provider acts as a data controller they have their own privacy policies.
If you purchase our Services through a referral or affiliate link from a friend we may share information about your order with your referrer to let them know you have used their referral link to sign up to our Services.
For customer service we may share information with our providers in order to offer support channels such as live chat services to you and to respond to your requests.
We use analytics providers such as Google Analytics to collect non-identifying information via a Google Analytics cookie.
We may share information in the event of an acquisition, potential acquisition, or as part of any proposed merger, debt financing, sale of assets or similar transaction. In this event we would enter into suitably strict confidence arrangements to ensure your information is protected.
We may share your information if we have your consent.
4. Third-party Services
We may provide links to third party services and website from our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party services and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
5. Retention of Data
We keep your personal data for the time you are a customer of DomainsFoundry. We only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you and in accordance with applicable laws.
On closure of your account we may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have cancelled your Services. This is to meet our legal and accountancy obligations. Your personal data shall only be used for these purposes and will not be processed for any other use.
6. Accessing and Updating Your Information
You can access and update your information by updating your personal details via DomainsFoundry Dashboard. You must ensure your details are up to date and are accurate.
7. Your Rights Under the General Data Protection (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EU you have the following data protection rights:
- Right to access, correct, update your personal information we hold. You can view and update your data through DomainsFoundry Dashboard at any time.
- Right to object, restrict processing or request deletion. Our use of your personal data is to fulfil our contractual obligations to You. You can object and restrict our processing of your personal data. However this will also mean will be unable to provide our Services to you or process the cancelation of your Services.
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data under ‘Right to be Forgotten’ . There may be legal and accountancy reasons why we need to keep your data.
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking “Unsubscribe” on marketing emails we send to you or opt-out via your marketing preferences in DomainsFoundry Dashboard.
- Transfer and portability of your personal data. You can request an export of your personal data we hold in machine-readable format. We can provide this export on request within thirty (30 days).
8. How and Where We Store Your Personal Data
We follow established ISO standards to securely store and protect your personal information we collect and use encryption where appropriate
All information you provide us is stored on our secured servers within the EEA.
9. International Data Transfers
We will undertake reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and our Terms and Conditions.
11. Data Breaches
In the event of a breach of personal information we shall ensure our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with.
12. Contact Us
13. Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to complain about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office