This article provides step-by-step instructions to setup Apple Mail using IMAP to send and receive email using your DomainsFoundry email address and your Mac.
Before you start checklist
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
Configure IMAP in Apple Mail
- Click Mail and select Preferences
- Click Accounts and then click the plus sign + at the bottom of the window
- Select Other Mail Account… and click Continue
- Enter your name, full email address including domain, e.g. email@example.com and your mailbox password. Click Sign In
- Apple Mail will warn that it cannot verify the account name or password. Fill in the following:
- Enter your full email address for the username. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select IMAP from Account Type
- Enter mail.example.com for the Incoming Mail server replacing ‘example.com’ with your domain.
- Enter mail.example.com for the Outgoing Mail server replacing ‘example.com’ with your domain.
- Click Sign In
- Uncheck Notes and click Done
Your account is now setup. Close the Accounts screen. Click Get Mail to activate your account.