In this article we’ll explain how you can quickly, easily and securely upload your website files to your DomainsFoundry web hosting plan. There are a number of ways to upload your website files and we’ve explain the two easiest and most popular ways below.
cPanel File Manager
We recommend cPanel file manager for uploading a small number of files or uploading a zip file. It’s easy to use and is a built-in feature of our control panel, so you do not need to install any extra apps.
- Log in to cPanel
- Click File Manager
- Open the public_html folder by double clicking it.
- Click Upload
- Click Select File or drag and drop the website file you wish to upload from your computer.
- Keep an eye on the progress bar. Once it reaches 100% your file will have been uploaded. Click Go Back to “/home/user/public_html”
- Your new file will now appear in the directory.
- If you have uploaded a zip file, select it and click Extract to decompress it.
FTP is great if you have a number of individual files to upload, or if you are planning to make regular changes to your website files.
There’s a number of FTP apps available for PC, Mac and even smartphones and tablets, so the choice is yours. Our recommendation is FileZilla, which is free to install and quick and easy to use.
For other FTP clients, see Getting Started FTP for connection details.
If you upload a zip file via FTP you can use cPanel File Manager to extract it.