Learn how to configure Outlook for Office 365, Outlook 2019 and Outlook 2016 with your DomainsFoundry Email account.
Steps to set up an email account in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016 and Outlook for Office 365
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click File > Add Account.
- Enter your email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Advanced options. Select Let me set up my account manually and click Connect.
- Click IMAP.
- Enter your email account password. Click Connect.
- If all the settings are correct you’ll see the Account successfully added screen. Click Done.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016 and Outlook for Office 365 to send and receive email using a secure IMAP and SMTP connection.
Steps to set IMAP Root Path in Outlook 2019, 2016 and Outlook for Office 365
- Click File
- Click Account Settings then select Account Settings.. from the drop-down list.
- Select your DomainsFoundry email account and click Change…
- Enter INBOX for Root folder path
- Click Next
- Click Done
- Click Close
How to fix ‘Problem Connecting to Server’
If Outlook returns the following message; “An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.” it means there is an error in the autodiscover setup process. This may indicate a problem with your domain’s DNS settings.
- Click Next.
- After a few seconds you’ll see a success message; “Your IMAP e-mail account is successfully configured”.
- Tick Change account settings in the lower-left.
- Click Next.
- Click More Settings….
- In the Server Information section change;
- Incoming mail server: Enter mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain name.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain name.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select SSL for in the two select menus labeled Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Enter 993 in the field labelled Incoming server (IMAP).
- Enter 465 in the field labelled Outgoing server (SMTP).
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- Outlook will now test the account settings by sending and receiving a test message.
- If you see a success message, click Finish.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email using a secure IMAP and SMTP connection.
What if the test fails?
If the test fails it means one or more of your email settings are incorrect.
- In the test dialog windows click Close.
- Repeat steps 5-10 from above, checking you’ve entered the required details correctly.
- Is your email address correct?
- Have you used the correct password (if unsure we recommend resetting your password in your cPanel).
- Are you using the correct host name for your Incoming and Outgoing mail server? Your incoming and outgoing server name are shown in your cPanel. Login to cPanel > Email Accounts > Click Configure Email Account > Manual Settings.
- Are the port numbers correct?
Autodiscover DNS records
Microsoft Outlook®’s Autodiscover service searches your domain’s DNS for a special SRV record. We’ll autmotcailly setup these records when we create your hosting account so normally it’ll work without you having to do anything.
If you use a third party name server or have modified your DNS records you may find the autodiscover setup fails. To fix, check your DNS records are setup with the follow SRV record
Replace yourdomain.co.uk with your domain name.
Replace apollo.domainsfoundry.co.uk with the hostname of the server hosting your DomainsFoundry package.