When you try to send an email message, you may see a message that mail couldn’t be delivered because the connection to the server on port 25 timed out.
Mail: Can’t send messages, “Cannot send message using the server smtp.xxxxx.com” alert appears.
There are a number of possible reasons why your email could have failed to have been sent. We recommend following the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve your sending error.
Check your Outgoing (SMTP) sending settings are correct for your DomainsFoundry mailbox
- From the Apple Mail toolbar click Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
- Select your DomainsFoundry mailbox.
- Select the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) drop-down list and click Edit SMTP Server List….
- Check Server Name is set to your DomainsFoundry mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab and check the following settings are set:
Automatically detect and maintain account settings: Unchecked
Use SSL: Checked
User Name: Your DomainsFoundry email address
Password: Your DomainsFoundry mailbox password
- Click OK to save any changes.
- Close Apple Mail Preferences window.
If you continue to receive the error message please open a support ticket and our technical support team will be happy to help.