Using the steps in this article we’ll show you how you can connect your DomainsFoundry domain to your Shopify site.
Please note to successfully connect your domain to Shopify please make sure you complete all three steps in the correct order shown above.
1. Set Shopify to use your custom domain
- Log in to your Shopify admin
- Click Online Store > Domains
- Click Connect existing domain
- Enter your domain, for example, example.com into the connect existing domain field
- Click Next
2. Set up your DNS to connect your domain to Shopify
- Open DomainsFoundry Dashboard and go to My Domains. Select your domain you wish to connect to Shopify.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Click the Edit icon next to your root A DNS record. This has an @ sign for the name.
- Change the Value entry and enter 188.8.131.52 and click Save
- Click the Edit icon next to your www. CNAME DNS record.
- Change the Value entry and enter the CNAME record shops.myshopify.com and click Save
3. Verify your domain connection in Shopify
Click Verify connection in your Shopify admin to confirm your domain has been connected to your store.
That’s it. You’ve completed all the steps to connect your DomainsFoundry domain to Shopify.
Please note it may take 48 hours for the changes you’ve made to fully propagate. During this time you may not see your Shopify site load. If you wait it will work.
Where to go for help
If you’re still having issues connecting your domain please contact Shopify Support to help you find out why.