Use the steps below to add CNAME DNS records for your DomainsFoundry domain names using DomainsFoundry FreeDNS.
Steps to add a CNAME record
- Log in to DomainsFoundry Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Enter the name for your new record. For example:
- Use @ to add a new DNS record at your domain root e.g. example.com
- Use www to create a new DNS CNAME record at www.example.com
- Select CNAME from the Type drop-down list.
- Enter the domain or CNAME record you’ve been provided into the Value field
- Click Add.
Your domain name will be instantly updated with your new DNS CNAME record. However if you can’t see the new DNS record when you view it on your device it’s likely your router or ISP has a cache of your old DNS records. Please allow 48 hours for these DNS caches to clear.