Protect your DomainsFoundry services from attackers with our 7 tips for creating strong passwords.
Domain names, email accounts and web space are a veritable honeypot to attackers. If an attacker is able to guess or crack your password, the attacker is likely to gain access to a service. This may lead to spam email being sent from your email account, your website being hacked or your private customer data stolen.
Whilst we deploy an array of security measures to protect your service, a strong password can be enough to stop an attack in their tracks.
What make a strong password?
Here are seven simple rules to follow each time you’re asked to create a password.
- Make your password 8 or more characters long
- Use a mix of uppercase and lowercase characters.
- Use a mix of alpha, numeric digits and symbols.
- Make your password different to your username.
- Do not use dictionary words, your name, company name or address.
- Choose a unique password. Avoid the temptation to use the same password across multiple sites/accounts.
- Do not use a password you’ve used in the last year.
Got more tips for better password security? Tweet us @domainsfoundry