Protect your details with WHOIS Privacy. Our private domain registration service stops your personal details being found and protects you from spam and scammers.
WHOIS Domain Privacy hides your personal or business details from the WHOIS database.
When you register your domain name, your personal information including name, address, phone number and email are stored in a public database called WHOIS.
Spammers search the WHOIS database for email addresses. Scammers and fraudsters can even use your contact details to attempt to steal or transfer your domain name away.
WHOIS Domain Privacy is just £4.99 per year.
You can add WHOIS privacy to your domain name during the registration process.
Domain Privacy Benefits
- Hide personal info from WHOIS.
- Protection from ID theft.
- Stop spam and junk mail.
- Register domains anonymously.
- You still own your domain.
- Stops fraudulent transfers
Normally your personal information, including name, address, e-mail and telephone number are shown.
Registrant:John Smith (email@example.com)
10 Downing Street
With WHOIS Domain Privacy, your personal details are hidden from public-view.
Domain Admin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
P.O. Box 97 Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org Moergestel,
- What is WHOIS Privacy?
- When you register a domain name, your personal information including name, address, phone number and email are listed in a public WHOIS database. Our WHOIS Domain Privacy addon replaces your details with our own special contact information - keeping your details hidden from view.
- How much does WHOIS Privacy cost?
- WHOIS Privacy is at just £4.99 per year, per domain name.
- What domains are eligible for WHOIS Privacy?
- WHOIS Privacy is available for most domain names including .co.uk, .uk, .com, .net, .org and .biz. If your domain is eligible for WHOIS Privacy you will be offered the service during the order process.
- How do I order WHOIS Privacy?
- You can add WHOIS Privacy to any new domain name registration or transfer. If your domain is eligible for WHOIS Privacy you will be offered the service during the order process. Existing customers can add WHOIS Privacy to your domains by logging into DomainsFoundry.
- Is WHOIS Privacy available for registrations and transfers?
- Yes. WHOIS Privacy is available for new domain name registrations, new transfers and can be added to any eligible domain name in your DomainsFoundry account.
- Can I add WHOIS Privacy to my existing domain name registered with DomainsFoundry?
- Yes. Just login to your account and browse to your domain name. You'll find the option to add WHOIS Privacy under the domain tools area.
- Do I still own my domain name after enabling WHOIS Privacy?
- Yes. Domain Privacy does not change the ownership of your domain. The domain remains your property for the length of subscription.
- How does WHOIS Privacy stop spam?
- WHOIS Privacy hides your email address from the WHOIS databases. Spammers looking at your WHOIS database with WHOIS Privacy enabled, will only our special private domain registration email address. If they attempt to send email to this address, the email will be rejected before it hits your mailbox.
- What happens if someone tries to contact me using the Private Registration details?
- Anyone who tries to contact you using the private email address or phone number is directed to an Online Contact Form. if they submit a message, it will be redirected to you - keeping your contact details hidden at all times. Any mail sent to the alternate mailing address is rejected.
- How does WHOIS Privacy protect me from identity theft?
- WHOIS Privacy protects you from identity theft by hiding your name, address and personal details from the public WHOIS databases. Fraudsters looking for this information will be forced to try and obtain these details from elsewhere.
- How does WHOIS Privacy stop junk mail?
- WHOIS Privacy swaps your postal address with our alternate address. If someone tries to send you junk mail using this address, the junk mail will be rejected.
- How can WHOIS Privacy prevent fraudulent domain transfers?
- With WHOIS Privacy enabled, any attempts to transfer a domain will fail as the fraudster will not be able to receive the confirm transfer email.
- Can I turn WHOIS Privacy on and off?
- Yes. If you've purchased WHOIS Privacy, you can enable or disable WHOIS Privacy on or off using our free domain management tools.
- Does domain WHOIS Privacy harm SEO?
- No. Private domain registration services like DomainsFoundry WHOIS Privacy will not harm your SEO efforts.
- Is WHOIS Privacy available for .UK domain names?
- WHOIS Privacy is not available for .UK domain names. However we do offer a free WHOIS opt-out service for .UK domains. If you do not plan to use your .UK domain name for business, trade (such as pay per click advertising, etc.) or professional transactions you can opt-out from having your address showing in the WHOIS.