Register .LTD.UK from £6.99. FREE .LTD.UK transfers.
Instant activation, no technical skills required.
.ltd.uk domain name registrations are a second-level domain (SLD) of the popular .uk country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom (UK).
.ltd.uk domains are primarily for business use and is the perfect accompaniment to .co.uk or .com domain names for UK businesses.
Registrations of .ltd.uk domain can only be made by UK private limited (LTD) companies incorporated at Companies House and the .ltd.uk domain name must closely match the registered name of the LTD company.
The registry for .ltd.uk domains is Nominet, one of the world’s leading internet registry companies, and the internet registry for .uk domain names.
Nominet's .ltd.uk registration rules guarantee that as a UK Limited company, you'll always be able register a domain name which closely matches your company name, and which has not already been taken.
The good news is despite the registration restrictions it's very easy to register (or transfer) your .ltd.uk domain name to DomainsFoundry. You won't need to complete and post any paper work or send any faxes and the whole process is carried out online during our normal order process.
All .ltd.uk domain names are first reviewed by Nominet staff before being approved and registered in your company's name. When you place your order with DomainsFoundry, we'll instantly send your registration request to Nominet, who'll check your details against the Company House records and if the details match, they'll instantly approve your .ltd.uk.
Orders placed between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday are normally approved within an hour of placing your order. Orders placed outside of these times are actioned by Nominet on the following working day.
Every .ltd.uk domain registered or transferred with DomainsFoundry comes with the extra protection of registering with a Nominet Registrar.
|Usage||UK private limited (LTD) companies.|
|Minimum registration||1 year|
|Maximum registration||10 years|
|Registration time frame||1 business day|
|Our price||From £6.99 per year|
|Per Year Pricing||Register||Transfer||Renew|
All domain prices shown in British pounds (£).
- Who uses .ltd.uk domains?
- UK private limited (LTD) companies incorporated at UK Companies House.
- Are there any restrictions on who can register .ltd.uk domains?
Yes. To register a .ltd.uk you must pass the following rules;
- Be a 'Limited Company' incorporated under the Companies Act 1985.
- Register a domain name related to their company name.
- Can I transfer my .ltd.uk to DomainsFoundry?
- What are the benefits of registering .ltd.uk domain names?
- Guaranteed availability.
- Instantly recognisable as business domain.
- Inexpensive way of protecting your online brand from cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting).
- Great alternative if the .co.uk version of your domain name is already taken.
- Improve SEO in UK search engines.
- What is the minimum registration term for .ltd.uk?
- 1 year.
- What is the maximum registration term for .ltd.uk?
- 10 years.
- Is WHOIS Privacy Protection available on .ltd.uk domains?
- What information do I need to provide to register a .ltd.uk domain?
- Just your company name and company number.
- Do I need to complete or send any paperwork to buy a .ltd.uk domain?
- No, with DomainsFoundry everything is completed online.
- How long does it take to register a .ltd.uk domain?
- .ltd.uk domains are manually reviewed by Nominet. This process typically takes less than a business day to complete.