You can send email but cannot receive email. When you try sending Outlook returns the follow error message;
Error (0x80042108) : ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)’
This error is usually caused by a conflict with Microsoft Outlook and AntiVirus products which include an ’email scanner’ as standard.
The email scanner checks each email as you receive it for viruses. When an email gets sent to you that it can’t scan the email it will cause an error and stop your Outlook receiving any new emails.
How to disable email scanning in Norton AntiVirus or later:
- Close Outlook if it is open.
- Open Norton Internet Security.
- On the Options menu, click Norton AntiVirus.
- In the Norton AntiVirus Options window under Internet, click Email.
- Under What to scan, uncheck Scan incoming Email (recommended).
- Under What to scan, uncheck Scan outgoing Email (recommended).
- Click OK.
How to disable email scanning in AVG
- Right click AVG icon in the taskbar
- Select “Open AVG Interface”
- Double Click on EMAIL SCANNER icon
- Uncheck “Scan Incoming Messages” and “Display notification window while Email is being scanned”
- Click on “Save Changes”
Note: If you are using other anti-virus software and see this message then please contact us.