Here are our top tips on how to avoid receiving spam.
Tips for avoiding spam
- Never publish your email address on any publicly available web page. This prevents people from harvesting your email address.
- Don’t give your email address people you think may misuse it.
- Do not reply to spam email. You only confirm that your address is active and they will send you more.
- Don’t click on any ‘Remove Email’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ links in any spam email.
- Do not use a catch-all email address.
- Setup a second, “throw-away” email address for subscribing to newsletters.
Graph showing spam vs. ham e-mail
This pie-chart shows an approximation of the percentage of spam and ham e-mail delivered to our mail servers.