The following article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 to connect to your DomainsFoundry email address using IMAP.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn to do the following:
- Open Outlook 2010
- Create an IMAP email address
- Enter your email settings
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2010
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your domain name.
- Your email address.
- Your email password.
- DomainsFoundry SMTP bolt-on.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on your computer.
Setup IMAP email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If you have just installed Outlook 2010 it will show in your Start Menu. Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- If this is the first time you have run Outlook 2010 then it will show you the Startup wizard. Click Next.
- Outlook will then ask you if you want to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
- If no window appears then click the File menu and click Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next
- Outlook will ask you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
- You are now prompted to enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select IMAP for the Account Type
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own DomainsFoundry domain name.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Outgoing Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own DomainsFoundry domain name.
- For User Name, enter your email address. For example: email@example.com.
- Enter your email password
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and then tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click Ok.
- Click Next
- Outlook will test your settings. Click Close
- Click Finish.
- Your DomainsFoundry IMAP email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2010.
- From Outlook 2010’s menu bar select Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive All Folders
- Outlook 2010 will now connect to your DomainsFoundry email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2010 to send and receive email using IMAP.