The following article guides you through setting up Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to connect to your DomainsFoundry email account using IMAP.
Steps to set up an email account in Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Click Tools > Account Settings and click New…. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next
- Tick Manually configure server settings for e-mail account then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
- Enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select IMAP for the Account Type
- Incoming mail server: Enter mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain name.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain
- For User Name, enter your email address. For example: email@example.com.
- Enter your email account password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and then tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click Ok
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Set the following:
- Incoming Server (IMAP) – Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) – Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- IMAP Rooth Path: INBOX
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Your DomainsFoundry email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook.
- From Outlook 2007’s menu bar click Send/Receive (Or press F9). Outlook 2007 will now connect to your DomainsFoundry email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2007 to send and receive email using IMAP.