This article shows you how to update your domain’s nameservers hosted by 1and1 (1&1) – the German-based web hosting provider. This method does not transfer the domain to DomainsFoundry, so you’ll still need to contact 1&1 to renew your domain, or if you have a problem with your domain. If you would prefer to transfer your domain to us, see How to transfer your domain names from 1and1.
Updating your 1and1 domain to use DomainsFoundry is quick and easy. Once complete you’ll be able to start using your email and website through your domain.
What do I need to do?
- Login to your 1and1 account.
- Click the domain you want to point from the Package Overview area.
- Click Manage Domains
- Select the check box for the domain you want to point. Click the DNS button, and then click Edit DNS Settings.
- Under the Basic DNS Settings, choose My Name Server from the Name server list.
- Under the Advanced DNS Settings, enter ns1.domainsfoundry.co.uk for the Primary name server.
- Chose My Name Server from the Secondary name server list.
- Enter ns2.domainsfoundry.co.uk for the 1st secondary name server.
- Click OK.
- The nameserver change may take up to 72 hours to complete.
- If your domain has expired you will need to renew it first before updating your name servers.
- We can only support domains registered or transferred to us. If you have any difficulties you will need to contact 1and1 for help.