Keeping up to date contact details for all your DomainsFoundry domain names is important and will help you and your business to comply with Nominet and ICANN registrar rules as well as help to gain a little extra trust with your customers.
You can quickly change your contact details for your DomainsFoundry domain name using the steps blow.
Steps to change contact details for domains
- Log in to DomainsFoundry Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, click Contact Information
- Update your domain contact information.
- Click Save Changes
Your domain name’s contact details are immediately updated. However, most WHOIS search websites show cached results so it can take a few extra days for the change to be reflected in their data.
Changing Contact Details for a .com, .net, .org or gTLD domain
When you change the contact details for a .com, .net, .org or gTLD domain you are required by ICANN, the domain registry, to confirm the contact change via email. The process works as follows:
- You update your domain’s registrant name, company name or email address.
- An email is sent to the current registrant email address, subject Change of Registrant request for example-domain.com – Current Registrant. Action Required.. This email contains a link for you to approve or decline the change of registrant request.
- An email is also sent to the new registrant email address, subject Change of Registrant request for example-domain.com – New Registrant. Action Required.. This email contains a link for you to approve or decline the request to become the Registered Name Holder of the domain.
- Both the current registrant and new registrant must approve the change of registrant request.
- Once approved, the registrant change is submitted to the ICANN registry.
- Once ICANN has updated the registrant record, both the new registrant and previous registrant will receive an email notification confirming the registrant change has been completed.
- After the registrant change has been completed, the domain is locked for 60 days. Transfers cannot be made to a new registrar.
Frequently asked questions on ICANN transfers
What if my domain’s registered email address does not change? – The process remains the same and two emails are sent to the same email address. Both emails need to be approved.
I do not have access to the old registrant email address, what do I do? – Please open a new support ticket via your DomainsFoundry Dashboard and we’ll help.
I have DomainsFoundry WHOIS Privacy Protection active. Do I need to do anything? – With DomainsFoundry WHOIS Privacy Protection we’ll act as a Designated Agent for your domain and we will approve registrant changes on your behalf. You will not receive emails.