ICANN is the main authority for domain names. As part of their policies all domain registrars are required to verify WHOIS details. Verification happens in the following cases:
- New domain registrations with unverified details
- Registrant contact detail changes on existing domains
How do I verify my domain?
A verification email will be sent to your domain’s registrant email address from email@example.com with the subject IMPORTANT! Verify your contact information for example.com.
Click the link in the email to verify your email address.
You must validate your WHOIS details within 15 days. If you do not validate in time your domain will be suspended.
Email notifications are sent 15, 10 and 5 days and a final notice just before your domain is due to be suspended.
If you cannot find your verification email
- Check your email account’s spam and junk folders
- Update your registrant email address
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist
My domain has been suspended. What do I do?
If you have not verified your details within the 15 days your domain is suspended and the DNS records changed to point to a holding page.
You can re-activate your domain using the steps below:
- Check your email for the verification email. Click the link in the email to verify your details.
- If you cannot find the email, visit your domain in your web browser and request a resend of the verification email
- Check your email spam and junk folders.
- Update your domain’s registrant details to use a different email address
- If you cannot updated your registrant details and cannot find your email address please Open a Support Ticket and our support team will help.
Once you have verified your details it can take up to 48 hours for your domain to come back online due to DNS propagation.
I have DomainsFoundry WHOIS Domain Privacy. How does this affect me?
Domains with DomainsFoundry WHOIS Domain Privacy use the same process to verify your details.