This article describes how-to setup Microsoft Windows Mail to send & receive email using POP3 and your DomainsFoundry Hosted email address.
Before you start checklist
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
For help on creating your email addresses in your control panel see this article:
Configuring Windows Mail
- Open Windows Mail.
- Click Add and select Mail.
- At the Internet Accounts page click Add.
- Select E-Mail Account then click Next.
- Enter your Name. Click Next.
- Enter your full E-mail Address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Next.
- Select POP3 for the incoming mail server and enter:
- Incoming Mail Server as mail.example.com, replacing example.com with the domain of your hosting account.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) as mail.example.com, replacing example.com with the domain of your hosting account.
- Select Outgoing server requires authentication and click Next.
- Enter your full E-mail Address for the E-mail username. Example: email@example.com and your E-mail Password. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Windows Mail is now configured to send and receive email using your DomainsFoundry E-mail address.