This article describes how-to setup Microsoft Outlook 2007 to send & receive email using POP3 and your DomainsFoundry Hosted email address.
Before you start checklist
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
For help on creating your email addresses in your control panel see this article:
Configuring Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007.
- At the Outlook 2007 Startup page click Next.
- Select Do not Upgrade and click Next.
- Select Yes to configure an E-mail account and click Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Your name
- Your full E-mail Address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- POP3 for the Account Type
- Incoming Mail Server as mail.example.com, replacing example.com with the domain of your hosting account.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) as mail.example.com, replacing example.com with the domain of your hosting account.
- Your full E-mail Address for the User Name. Example: email@example.com
- Your E-mail Password
- Click More Settings.
- Click Outgoing Server
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click OK
- Click Next and click Finish
Outlook 2007 is now configured to send and receive email using your DomainsFoundry E-mail address.