This article describes how-to configure Microsoft Entourage 2008 to send & receive email using POP3 and your DomainsFoundry email address.
Before you start checklist
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
For help on creating your email addresses in your control panel see this article:
Configuring POP3 in Entourage 2008
- Open Entourage
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts….
- Click ‘New’. Select POP and then click OK.
- Enter an Account Name of your choice, your name and your new email address in the fields.
- For Account ID enter your full email address (e.g. email@example.com).
- Enter the ‘POP Server‘ as mail.example.com, replacing ‘example.com’ with the domain of your hosting account, and your password as you have specified in your Personal control panel.
- Enter the ‘SMTP Server‘ as mail.mydomain.com, replacing ‘mydomain.com’ with the domain of your hosting account.
- Click ‘Click here for advanced sending options‘
- Click ‘SMTP server requires authentication‘. Ensure ‘Use same settings as receiving mail server’ is selected. Close the advanced settings tab and click OK. Close the ‘Accounts’ screen to return to Entourage. Entourage should now be ready to send & receive email.