The following article provides step-by-step instructions for automatically setting up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 to connect to your DomainsFoundry email address.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn to do the following:
- Open Outlook 2010
- Configure your DomainsFoundry email address
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2010
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your DomainsFoundry email address.
- Your email password.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on your computer.
Automatically setup Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If you have just installed Outlook 2010 it will show in your Start Menu. Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- If this is the first time you have run Outlook 2010 then it will show you the Startup wizard. Click Next.
- Outlook will then ask you if you want to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
- If no window appears then click the File menu and click Add Account.
- Select E-mail Account and enter the following.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your email password
- Click Next
- Outlook 2010 will now auto configure your DomainsFoundry email address. This can take up to 5 minutes.
- Click Finish
- Your DomainsFoundry email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2010.
- From Outlook 2010’s menu bar select Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive All Folders
- Outlook 2010 will now connect to your DomainsFoundry email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2010 to send and receive email using IMAP.