In this article we describe how to configure FileZilla to connect to your DomainsFoundry hosting service using SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).
Configure SFTP in FileZilla for macOS
- Enable SSH on your service
- Open FileZilla
- From the main menu, click FileZilla > Settings
- Select SFTP
- Click Add key file… and open your key file you saved when enabling SSH.
- Click Yes to convert the key file to a supported format.
- Enter your SSH key passphrase you chose when you created your SSH key. Click OK
- Save the converted key to a safe location.
- Click OK to close the settings window.
- Click the Site Manager icon.
- Click New site
- Enter the following:
Protocol: SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol
Logon Type: Key file
User: Your DomainsFoundry cPanel username. This can be found in your DomainsFoundry Dashboard > Products / Services
- Click Browse next to Key File. Select your converted key from earlier and click Open.
- Click Connect
- A warning Unkown host key should appear. Check Always trust this host, add this key to the cache and click OK.
- Enter the passphrase for your SSH key. Click OK