This article describes how to create a temporary one page website that may used as a simple holding, ‘under-construction’ or landing page.
The web page will tell visitors that your website is coming soon and can list important information such as your contact details.
Create a Temporary One-Page Website
- Login to DomainsFoundry cPanel.
- Click File Manager.
- In the pop-up window click Web Root, then click Go.
- Click New File.
- Type index.html for the New File Name. Click Create New File.
- Right-click index.html and click HTML Edit.
Using the HTML Editor you can add text, images and contact details on to your website easily.
How-to Add an Image to your Website.
Before adding images you need to upload them to your public_html directory in your web space.
- Go back to cPanel File Manager.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File.
- Select an image from your PC or Mac and then click Open.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Click Back to /home/username/public_html
- Right click index.html and click HTML Edit.
- Click Insert Image.
- Check the box for your image and then click Insert.
- Click Save.
- Open your web browser and view your website. You can make any changes using the HTML Editor.