In this article we explain how to set up Outlook 2016 to sync your cPanel calendars using Outlook CalDav Synchronizer.
Step 1 – Download and install Outlook CalDAV Syncronizer
To sync your calendar you will need to download and install Outlook CalDav Synchronizer, a free Outlook Plugin which adds support for synchronising events, tasks and contacts between Outlook and cPanel.
Supported Outlook versions are 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Download and install Outlook CalDav Synchronizer.
After installing Outlook CalDav Synchronizer please close and re-open Outlook 2016
Step 2 – Get your Calendar URL
- Open https://mail.example.com/webmail in your web browser, replacing example.com with your own domain
- Log in using your DomainsFoundry email address and email password
- Click the email address drop-down menu at the top right. Found next to the Logout button
- Select Calendars and Contacts
- Scroll down to Direct URLs for Calendars and Contacts and copy the Calendar link shown under Secure SSL/TLS URLs. The link will be similar to https://mail.example.com:email@example.com/calendar:cbe5b278-62e0-04e0-54b5-4fccf2dded36
Step 3 – Configure your Calendar in Outlook 2016
- Open Outlook and click the CalDav Syncronizer button
- Click General Options
- Check Enable useUnsafeHeaderParsing found under Server settings. Click OK
- Click Syncronization Profiles
- Click + to add a new profile
- Select Generic CalDAV/CardDAV and click OK
- Enter the following details:
Name: Enter a short name, e.g Work
Outlook folder: Click … and select Calendar under Outlook Data File.
DAV Url: Enter the CalDAV url from step 2
Username: Enter your DomainsFoundry email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Enter your email account password
- Click Test or discover settings and click OK in the pop-up window.
- Click OK to save.
Your calendar is now set up in Outlook 2016. Any changes you make will be synced automatically every 30 minutes.