.co.uk Domain Names
Special Offer - Register a .CO.UK domain for 2 years for only £6
Instant activation, no technical skills required.
Register .co.uk domains from only £3 a year*.
The .co.uk domain name is the most popular domain in the UK. It's popular with UK individuals, UK companies and international businesses.
The registration rules for .co.uk domains are relaxed, meaning any individual or business can register a .co.uk domain name.
.co.uk domain names are perfect for selling and marketing to the UK as you will increase your chances of being ranked highly in local search engines like Google UK
Every .co.uk domain registered or transferred with DomainsFoundry comes with the extra protection of registering with a Nominet Accredited Channel Partner.
|Type||Generic second-level domain (SLD) for .uk|
|Usage||General use. Individuals and businesses in the United Kingdom.|
|Minimum registration||1 year|
|Maximum registration||10 years|
|Registration time frame||Immediately|
|Our price||£4.99 per year. Usually £9.99.|
- Who uses .co.uk domains?
- .co.uk is a domain name for the United Kingdom (UK).
- Are there any restrictions on who can register .co.uk domains?
- Can I transfer my .co.uk to DomainsFoundry?
- What are the benefits of registering .co.uk domain names?
- The .co.uk domain name is perfect for websites selling services and products to the United Kingdom as you will increase your chances of being ranked in local search engines databases such as Google UK
- What is the minimum registration term for .co.uk?
- 1 year.
- What is the maximum registration term for .co.uk?
- 10 years.
- Is WHOIS Privacy Protection available on .co.uk domains?
- Are individual (personal) .co.uk registrations allowed?
- Do I need a trademark/brand name to register .co.uk?
- How long does it take to register my .co.uk domain name?
- It normally takes less than 48 hours to register your .co.uk domain name. If there's a delay during registration we'll let you know.
- How long does it take to transfer my .co.uk domain name?
- It normally takes less than 48 hours to transfer your .co.uk domain name to DomainsFoundry. Exact times depend on how quickly you can release your .co.uk from your existing registrar. If there's a delay during registration we'll let you know.
- Do I need to provide additional information to register .co.uk?
- Are company or legal entities allowed to register .co.uk?
- Are there any nameserver requirements for .co.uk?
- 1-13 nameservers. Minimum / maximum nameserver.
- Is theft protection (domain locking) available with .co.uk?
- How long is the transfer lock .co.uk?
- None, 60 days.
- What is the grace period for .co.uk domains?
- Grace period is 90 days.
- What are the characters and valid character lengths for .co.uk domain names?
.co.uk domain names must:
- have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.xxx); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.xxx).
- When transferring my .co.uk domain to DomainsFoundry, will my DNS records (A, MX etc.) also be transferred?
When you transfer your domain name to DomainsFoundry, your domain's name servers (ns1, ns2 etc) will not change. If your previous name servers are still active, your DNS records will work as normal.
If you wish you can can switch your name servers to our super-fast name servers. You'll be able to change your name servers and configure DNS records using our DomainsFoundry control panel.
- When transferring my .co.uk to DomainsFoundry do I have to ask my existing domain company to do anything?
- Yes, just update your IPS Tag to DOMAINSFOUNDRY
- Can I register an .co.uk domain name but have the owner/contact details registered to my company, client, friend or family member?
- Yes. You can enter the contact details for the person you wish to register the .co.uk to during checkout.
- Can a UK company register an .co.uk?
- Yes. Anyone can register .co.uk domain names, including UK individuals and UK businesses and organisations.
- I'm a company, do I need my company number to register a .co.uk?
- Yes, if you are a UK Limited (LTD) or UK Public Limited Company (PLC) you need to provide your company number to register a .co.uk.
- Can I add/amend admin, billing and technical info for my .co.uk domain name?
- What is the restoration period for .co.uk domain names?
- None. 30 days etc.
- How do I host my .co.uk domain name?
If you have questions about registering .co.uk domain names please contact us and we'll be happy to help.